EUCARPIA 2009 conference
XIV meeting of the Biometrics in Plant Breeding Section
EUCARPIA, the European Association for Research on Plant Breeding, held the fourteenth meeting of its Biometrics in Plant Breeding Section conference in Dundee from 2-4 September 2009.
EUCARPIA aims to promote scientific and technical co-operation in the field of plant breeding in order to incorporate new scientific disciplines and foster its further development.
Founded in 1956 in Wageningen, The Netherlands, EUCARPIA is more active than ever before with more than 1000 members of various nationalities and interests in Europe and worldwide.
Biometrics has, and will continue to play, a key role in developing improved breeding and testing methodologies to produce crop varieties suitable for specific market needs. Biometric techniques will play a key role in maximising the opportunities arising from new sequencing and genotyping technologies and how these can be best utilised in developing new crop varieties adapted to climate change and other challenges.
The meeting was a tribute to the career of Professor Mike Kearsey of the University of Birmingham. Other speakers included Mark Cooper, Brian Cullis, Dirk Husmeier, Sue Welham, Ed Buckler and Ian Mackay.
Read the full programme for the event below.
Book of Abstracts
Selected presentations from the conference are available below.
Wednesday 2 September 2009
- 10am: PDF file: Jordi Comadran (2.7 MB)
- 11:40am: PDF file: Jon White (777 KB)
- 12:00: PDF file: Jerko Gunjaca (287 KB)
- 14:40: PDF file: Hans-Peter Piepho (156 KB)
- 15:40: PDF file: Ian Mackay (304 KB)
- 16:20: PDF file: Guoyou Ye (102 KB)
- 16:40: PDF file: Satish Kumar (200 KB)
Thursday 3 September 2009
- 9:10: PDF file: Gerrit Gort (1.26 MB)
- 9:30: PDF file: Paul Eilers (150 KB)
- 9:50: PDF file: Steven Maenhout (323 KB)
- 10:50: PDF file: Thomas Odong (836 KB)
- 11:10: PDF file: Jos Hageman (845 KB)
- 11:30: PDF file: Ralph van Berloo (1.32 MB)
Friday 4 September 2009
- 9:00: PDF file: Dirk Husmeier (5.92 MB)
- 9:40: PDF file: Animesh Acharjee (492 KB)
- 10:40: PDF file: Abhishek Rathore (2.34 MB)
- 11:20: PDF file: Brian Cullis (239 KB)
- 12:00: PDF file: Christine Hackett (328 KB)
- 12:20: PDF file: Kristian Kristensen (112 KB)
- 14:00: PDF file: David Marshall (1.43 MB)
- 14:20: PDF file: Mike Kearsey (548 KB)
- Dundee and Angus Convention Bureau
- Dundee City Council
- British Society of Plant Breeders
- Rijk Zwaan
- Florimond Desprez
- VSNi – software for bioscience